Monday, May 2, 2011

Strawberry Macadamia Spinach Salad

It is a regular at our house to have spinach salad with our Sunday dinner. I like to add some changes, and have some variation. Yesterday I was having a b-day dinner for my oldest son, and this is the salad I served. It was yummy with barbecued steak. It was so wonderful to use the barbecue and get the wonderful flavor that it adds to the meat. I love this time of year! =) I feel spring in the air. My trees have blossoms on them. Is Spring happening at your house too? I hope so!


Ingredients:
3 c spinach
1 bunch of green onions chopped up in small pieces

1/2 C to 1 C sliced strawberries

1 C macadamia nuts chopped up

3 T sweetener of your choice (I used sucrant)


Dressing:
1/2 C strawberries sliced
1/4 C olive oil

1/8 C vinegar

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1 T sweetener


Directions:
1. In a small frying pan on the stove heat up sugar and nuts. Cook until the sugar melts. (The sucrant did not melt as well as other sugars. It thickened, and I sprinkled the thickened sugar along with the nuts on the salad). Cool before adding to the salad.

2. Toss the spinach in with the green onions. Lightly toss in the strawberries. Then sprinkle the nut mixture on top.

3. Pour all the ingredients for the dressing into the blender and blend for 2 min. Yum!

4. I decided I liked everyone adding their dressing on their own. Keeps the salad more fresh looking.

* Sorry my good camera is broken. So the pictures haven't been as good lately. Hopefully I can get the other camera fixed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment