Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Grapeseed Oil and Raspberry Dressing

It was fun to recently learn about Pure Grapeseed oil. I had never used it before. It is fun to have another healthy oil to experiment with. The things that I have made with it have worked out well. Last night I made a salad dressing that everyone liked. make sure you get the expeller pressed one, that is made mechanically not chemically processed. (Cold Pressed without heat) It is nice to find another nice oil to cook with. Here are some benefits.

Good things about Grapeseed oil:

1. Nice source of vitamin E
2. Can cook on heat up to 400 degrees without it smoking.
3. Nice bland taste slightly nutty. I used it on popcorn instead of butter tasted great.
4. Is easy to digest
5. Has linoleic acid good at helping transport the fatty acids through your arteries so they don't clog up.
6. You can use a 1/3 to 1/2 less of the oil called for and get the same benefits.
7. Stores up to 2 years. Store in the fridge after opening to keep flavor better.
8 .Great for salad dressings. Doesn't separate as easily.
9. Skin moisturizer you can rub on your skin, even great for under your eyes.
10.Consuming it also benefits to your skin.
11. Works nice for stir fry, frying, and baking.
12. Great to use as a marinade.
13. Works well to add herbs and spices to it. (I heard it is great with garlic)

Ingredients:

1 C Grapeseed Oil
1/4 white vinegar
1/4 raspberry sauce
2 to 3 T honey
*1/4 tsp salt and pepper (Optional)

*I served it on a spinach with Marion and Blueberries, and candied almonds w/ honey.

Directions:


1. Pour all the ingredients in the blender and let it blend for a couple minutes. Serve on salad.

2 comments:

  1. I made this tonight for dinner, but used strawberry sauce and olive oil instead because that is what I had on hand. But it would have never occured to me to make such a dressing. I loved it on our green-berry salad. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great I am glad you liked it. I have enjoyed making dressings by scratch. Much healthier too. :)

    ReplyDelete