Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pulled Pork Avocado Sandwiches


One of my friends, Nicole, has another great food blog that I love to check. Heat Oven to 350 is a great combination of goodies and delicious looking meals. I have to stop myself from making all the incredible cookies and treats that she makes. When I saw her recipe for Avocado Pulled Pork Sliders I knew that would be a recipe that we needed to try. I made a couple of changes, but it turned out great.

Beware, this will feed a small crowd.

1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 T olive oil
1 Tbsp dried onion
1 tsp garlic salt
2 cups apple juice
1/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
2 lb boneless pork shoulder roast
2 loafs French bread
8 thin slices provolone cheese
2 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
Green leaf lettuce

1. In a large bowl, mix together paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper, olive oil, dried onion, garlic salt, apple juice, and barbecue sauce.

2. Place pork shoulder roast in slow cooker and pour sauce mixture over pork.

3. Cook for 4-6 hours in slow cooker on high until meat starts to fall apart. Shred with forks.

4. Turn oven on to broil. Slice French bread loaves in half. Lay slices of provolone cheese along one side of loaves. Put on cookie sheet and broil until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.

5. Place a layer of avocado slices on the bread and then pile with meat and lettuce. Cut into slices and serve.

Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you much for the compliments, Britney! I have to stop myself from eating all those treats, too. :) I'm so glad you liked pulled pork. Yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete