Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Healthy Salmon Patties


It has been nice to include Salmon in our dinners more often. I remember as a child my Mom would tell me she was making Salmon for dinner, I was not thrilled. ;( I think my tastes have changed because I have come to enjoy it. My children have the same thoughts, when I am making salmon. They aren't too thrilled. When I made these for them the other night, I was happy with their response. Everyone liked it. I got positive comments about the texture. They were surprised it was salmon. It was a good night. :) Someone recently mentioned buying canned salmon. It is a great way to keep it on hand. I was pleased with the results of cooking with it. As I get older I appreciate more the efforts my Mom went to, to make healthy meals. Thanks Mom! :)

Ingredients: Makes 7-8 patties

14.75 can pink salmon (drained)
1 C bread crumbs (I toasted 6 slices of whole grain bread and put them in the blender)
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp pepper
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T lemon juice
1 leek chopped
1/2 C red pepper chopped
1 onion diced small pieces
1 tsp garlic powder or (2 garlic cloves minced)
1 tsp paprika
2 T olive oil ( to fry in)

Directions:

1. Mix all the ingredients together, only add half the bread crumbs. (Save the oil to cook in)

2. From into patties then pat remaining bread crumbs on both sides.

3. Heat pan to med. heat and pour in oil. Place patties in pan and cook till golden on each side. You could have lemon slices as a garnish. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment