Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yummy Gluten Free Ginger Bread Cookies

It is a wonderful time of the year. We have a new grandchild due any day! =) I had my grandson over today, and it was a perfect day to make cookies. We had the Christmas music going, and we had a lot of fun. He loved. it and so did I. He loved licking the spoons after wards. We both had fun wearing aprons too. He is a sweetie. He was happy with the end result, he ate 2 of them. I thought it would be fun to try a gluten free version of gingerbread cookies. I was happy with the outcome. I made them similar to snicker doodles. You could chill the dough and try cutting them out. I love things made with yummy spices. It was a successful day. =) Enjoy this wonderful season.

Ingredients:
3 C oatmeal flour (grind oatmeal in blender till turns to powder)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
4T unsalted butter
1/3 C honey
1 egg
1/4 C molasses
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp grated lemon zest

Directions: heat oven 375

1. In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together until well blended.

2. In a bowl beat butter, honey and egg until creamy.

3. Add molasses, vanilla, and lemon zest continue till well blended.

4. Blend in the dry ingredients slowly until smooth.

5. Dough will be sticky. You can refrigerate to harden. I cooked them right away. I rolled them into balls and then in cinnamon and sugar. Place on cookie sheet.

6. Bake about 8-10 min depending on your oven. Also depends how crispy you want them. I them kind of soft. Made about 16 cookies.

* You could add some mini chips them too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment