Friday, August 27, 2010

Oatmeal Date Nut Balls

These were sooo good! They were easy too. :) The recipe made 8 balls and I have already eaten 3 of them. :) I love the natural sweetness of them. My daughter doesn't like dates and was pleasantly pleased with them. I think most people wouldn't guess there were dates in them, they are in such small pieces.


1/2 C Oatmeal Old fashioned
1/2 C Dates pitted Chopped fine
1/2 C Cashews chopped up fine (almonds would work too)
1/4 C Peanut Butter (Adams Natural Creamy is what I used)
1 1/2 T Honey

I put the dates, oatmeal and cashews in the blender (or food processor) pulsed till chopped up fine. Then I added the peanut butter and honey. I rolled them in a ball. They stuck together great. You could add mini chips,coconut or another kind of dried fruit. They were tasty!

*I put the dates in whole in my blender. It will depend on your blender if you can do that. My cashews were broken up in pieces, when I put them in.

* I tried them again today. I used almonds instead of cashews added the same amount. I also added 1/4 C of coconut. They were great too. :) I love this new snack.

* I cut the peanut butter down to 1/8 C. and they still turned out really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment