Monday, June 21, 2010

Banana Bread!

I had cut a piece of bread for a picture. My daughter cut off a piece, before I found the camera. She didn't know I was saving it. I thought the picture would be evidence that it was good. She was asking for more. I have made some banana breads with whole grains that were dry. I was happy at the moistness of this recipe. I tried some with whole wheat and some with the Spelt flourI liked the Spelt flour better. :) I also liked it with coconut oil, not having the butter in it didn't effect it.

1/3 C. Coconut oil or butter softened or another oil
1/3 C. Honey
1 tsp Vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 C. Mashed bananas (ripe is best or over ripe even better)
1 3/4 C. Mixed grains (I grinded 6 c. Spelt 2 c. Kamut 1 C. Brown Rice 1 C, Oat groat) You could do a smaller quanties. I doubled the recipe. Use could replace the mixed grains for  any whole grain flour.
1/4 C. Flax (ground)
1/2 tsp kosher salt.
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 C. Water

1. Heat oven to 325 degrees
2. Grease 9x5 loaf pan
3. Combine flour,soda, flax, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Whisk and set aside.
4. In another bowl beat oil, honey, and xagave beat for two minutes, add eggs. Mix in bananas and water. (I mixed the bananas and water in the blender together. It is easier to get out after blending.) Add vanilla. Then add flour mixture.
5. Pour batter into pan bake 45-50 min.
6. Cool and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment